What is Turnaround?
Turnaround: Turning Fear Into Freedom is a multi award-winning, evidence-based audio treatment program that teaches your child how to identify and stop anxious thoughts, calm distressing feelings, and courageously face their fears by using proven strategies (CBT) to overcome anxiety. Your anxious child will listen to an adventure story designed to capture their attention while learning about anxiety and going step-by-step through the process to overcome it. After each lesson, ten in all, your child will complete exercises in the Turnaround Journal that reinforce the material. Turnaround is unique because it addresses anxiety with kids in a way that is both clinical and entertaining.
The Turnaround Audio Program includes:
- The Turnaround Program - 10 child-focused lessons contained within the adventure story perfect for anxiety and children, plus
- The Turnaround Journal - a 74-page creative workbook for your child to use with the program (see more), plus
- The Chill Kit CD - a relaxation guide to help your child learn how to relax and release stress. Explore 5 different relaxation exercises and listen to exclusive music from Chad Lawson, an award-winning composer, and,
- The Parent Guide - 90-minutes of helpful information to equip you to assist your child.
- Free Bonus Gift - The Med FAQs - Child (included in the Standard & Premium Programs) - A 90-minute interview with Neuropsychiatrist, Dr. James Lee. Dr. Lee is a former professor of Child Psychiatry at Duke University. Drs. David Russ and Christopher McCarthy interview Dr. Lee and cover issues related to anxiety disorders in children, including the use of medications, factors leading to anxiety, types of childhood anxiety, and how to seek the right kind of help.
- Turnaround comes with a 30, 60 or 90-day money back guarantee.
Turnaround is designed to work best for children ages 6-12 years old
What Makes Turnaround Unique?
- Turnaround speaks directly to anxious children. Anxiety Kids are Turnaround's target audience. Other programs speak to parents and then expect the parent to translate the material to their child. That is too much pressure and impractical. In the Turnaround audio adventure, your child joins our cast of six anxious children, two "docs", a mentor teen, a cast of animated characters, and other kids - all designed to capture your child's attention and imagination. Just imagine how much your child will learn by being personally invested in the story! It's a format that's unlike anything else out there and highly effective!
- Uses proven evidence-based treatment. Turnaround uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) as the core framework. CBT is the most effective psychological treatment for anxiety. Turnaround is based on scientific research and years of clinical practice. It is not a gimmick or a miracle cure. But what makes Turnaround truly unique is how the scientific material is delivered; in a child-friendly manner that makes sense to kids. As one mom told us, "I heard the same CBT concepts in Turnaround that were taught my son at the Duke University Anxiety Disorders Clinic, but what made all the difference was how that material was presented. The clinic helped, but Turnaround worked."
- Utilizes Social Learning Theory.
Pioneer researcher, Dr. Albert Bandura demonstrated that children learn by observing and imitating behaviors in others who are similar to them. In Turnaround, your anxious child walks side-by-side with other anxious kids hearing their stories of struggle and success. Your child will psychologically bond with the group, which is tremendously effective in addressing their anxiety. There's also fun animated characters that assist in teaching the material, like Kerplop the talking Beaver, Krank the Samurai warrior, and Watson the British detective. We tapped into the talents of 14 child actors and 6 adult actors. This program is FOR KIDS AND BY KIDS! Listen to the audio samples here.
Children all over the world have been SET FREE using Turnaround including Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Germany, Ireland, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, Hong Kong, Vietnam, and every State in the USA!
MyAnxiousChild.com was recently ranked as a top ten organization and website by GoodTherapy.org based on factors of usefulness, ease of access, esthetics, up-to-date information/content, alignment with GoodTherapy mission and values, availability of resources, the importance of the work and community presence. Thank you GoodTherapy!